You can now use your Denver Community Credit Union credit and debit cards with Apple Pay—the easy, secure, and private way to pay.
Apple Pay can be used with iPhone 6, iPhone 6 Plus, iPhone 7, iPhone 7 Plus, iPad mini 3, iPad 2 Air, or Apple Watch. See the list below for the types of transactions that can be made for each device. Please make sure your device has the latest iOS downloaded. You must have iOS 8.1 or higher to us Apple Pay.
- In-app purchases, in-store purchases, and on the web in Safari: iPhone 7, iPhone 7 Plus, iPhone 6s, iPhone6s Plus, iPhone 6, iPhone 6 Plus, & iPhone SE
- In-app purchases and on the web in Safari: iPad Pro, iPad (5th generation), iPad Air 2, iPad mini 4, & iPad mini 3
- In-store and within apps, paired with iPhone 5 or later: Apple Watch Series 2, Apple Watch Series 1, & Apple Watch (first generation)
How it works
Use Apple Pay with your iPhone to pay in stores without swiping your credit or debit card. You can also use Apple Pay to make secure in-app purchases without entering your sensitive information. Just pay with the single touch of your finger using Touch ID.
With Apple Pay, instead of using your actual credit and debit card numbers when you add your card to your Wallet, a unique Device Account Number is assigned, encrypted, and securely stored. When you make a purchase, the Device Account Number alongside a transaction-specific dynamic security code is used to process your payment. Your actual credit or debit card numbers are never shared by Apple with merchants or transmitted with payment data.
Apple Pay makes purchase transactions safe and secure by ensuring cashiers and others never see your name, card number, or security code.
To start using Apple Pay with your Denver Community debit card, there are a few simple things you will need to do:
- Make sure your device has the latest iOS downloaded. You will need iOS 8.1 or higher to use Apple Pay.
- Open Wallet on your Apple Pay supported device.
- Select "Add a new Credit or Debit Card" when prompted. Enter your card's details, then hit "Next" in the upper right-hand corner of your screen.
- If you have already set up your Apple Pay with another card, and would like to make your Denver Community credit or debit card your Default Card, go to Settings > Wallet & Apple Pay, tap on Default Card, then select your Denver Community credit or debit card.
Learn about setting up Apple Pay by visiting Apple's Support Site.
As precaution to keep your information secure and to safeguard against fraud, you must call Denver Community at 303-573-1170 to have your added card approved for Apple Pay usage. You may also ask for your card to be approved for Apple Pay after your card has been added to your Wallet with a Secure Message sent from within your Online Banking account.
How to use Apple Pay to make a purchase
Use Apple Pay to make purchases in stores or within apps. For in-store purchases, hold your device close to the no-contact card reader (indicated by the icons below). Your phone will awaken and display your default card. Tap your default card to display the list of cards you can use with Apple Pay. choose the card you would like to make a purchase with. Place your finger on the Touch ID button on your phone. When the payment is made and accepted, you will feel a slight vibration and see a check mark on your screen. Please note, if you are prompted to select between Debit and Credit options, Apple recommends selecting Credit to make the Apple Pay process smoother. You may still be required to sign a receipt at some stores.
Learn how to use Apple Pay by visiting Apple's website
Where you can use Apple Pay
Apple Pay has partnered with hundreds of thousands of stores and apps. View where Apple Pay is accepted.
Apple Pay Terms of Service
Denver Community Credit Union Privacy Notice