Denver Community is committed to the safety, security and protection of our members against fraud. Here are just a few of the resources you may read to minimize risk and potential loss by attempting to stop fraud before it occurs. Links and articles will be updated periodically.
If your identity has ever been stolen, you know that the recovery process can be long, drawn-out, and frustrating. That's why, in addition to the security features our accounts already offer, Denver Community Credit Union has arranged for professional identity recovery services for you and your family. This feature is available on most Denver Community Checking Accounts.
As a reminder a security fee of $1.96 per month has been added to Denver Community Checking Accounts effective October 6th, 2010.
Please click here for full details about the service and full fee disclosures.
Safety and Soundness of Denver Community CU
Your money is protected.
- Your credit union is federally insured. While most banks are insured by the FDIC, credit unions are insured by the NCUA (National Credit Union Administration), a separate but equally viable agency of the federal government. This fund has never used taxpayer dollars to bail out a credit union. Please visit the NCUA website (www.NCUA.gov) for more information on the National Credit Union Administration and your insured funds.
- Denver Community is a not-for-profit financial cooperative, and we have been serving Denver since 1934. We have a commitment to responsible lending and upholding the credit union philosophy of people helping people. Because we are a member-owned cooperative institution, we will NOT risk the financial health of our members by engaging in risky lending practices.
- Our Volunteer Board of Directors and Supervisory Committee have a combined 150 years of experience guiding the credit union, and like our community and employees, have a vested interest in seeing it prosper.
- We are proud that we took the necessary precautions to avoid the subprime lending fallout. We keep our mortgage investments here in Denver, for the members of our community.
- We know our members and only lend to them when it's good for them and the credit union as a whole. This protects the interests of the membership at large, as well as the individual member from getting loans they will not have the ability to pay back.
- Most importantly, we are well capitalized with strong assets, in spite of economic difficulties, because of our commitment to our membership and community. Please review our recent Statement of Financial Condition, which is available at any of our four branch locations or via www.NCUA.gov , or contact us to receive a copy.