Denver Community Credit Union strives to provide the community with high-quality financial education and service with the Clear Money Program. We are proud of the awards that have acknowledged our accomplishments and dedication to financial literacy.
Mountain West Credit Union Association
- Dora Maxwell Award ($25 million - $1 billion assets) - 2nd Place: 2018
Recognizes a credit union or credit union group for its social responsibility projects within the community. This award is given for external activities. Denver Community was awarded 2nd place for its #DenverCommunityGives Day, a day where all credit union employees get out and volunteer in the community.
- Credit Union of the Year Award ($100-$500 million assets) — First Place: 2016
Recognizes a credit union for innovation and outstanding achievements in the various areas of day-to-day operations, financial prowess, community service, and member service.
- Distinguished Leader Award — Carla Hedrick, CEO: 2016
Carla Hedrick has been a part of credit unions for more than 35 years. In her years, she has never lost sight of the need to provide financial guidance, and open doors to low income and credit challenged members. She has also lobbied for the passage of the Credit Union Membership Access act and testified on behalf of financial literacy standards in the state education system. Under her leadership, Denver Community has flourished, growing from $45 million in assets to $295 million.
- Community Impact Award — First Place: 2014
Recognizes a credit union program that has made significant positive contributions to our community and the regional credit union movement. We were awarded for our Clear Money financial education program. You can access our Clear Money Program here.
- Louise Herring Philosophy-in-Action Member Service Award — First Place: 2013
Recognizes credit unions that demonstrate in an extraordinary way the practical application of the People Helping People® philosophy within the credit union. We were awarded for our Mile High APY Savings Account.
- Community Impact Award — Runner Up: 2013
Recognizes a credit union program that has positively affected our community and the regional credit union movement. Nominated for our annual Back to School Fair.
- Desjardins Adult Financial Education Award — First Place: 2011
Recognizes model credit union efforts to teach personal finance concepts & skills to adults.
- Community Impact Award — First Place: 2011, 2008
Recognizes a credit union program (BlogTalkRadio - free financial education podcasts) that has positively affected the Colorado credit union movement.
- Desjardins Youth Financial Education Award — First Place: 2010, 2008, 2007
Recognizes model credit union efforts to teach personal finance concepts & skills to youth under age 18.
- Louise Herring Philosophy-in-Action Member Service Award — First Place: 2008, 2007